Wednesday 8 June 2016

A Bigot Writes

I do not see the connection between
Gay rights and the working class
Why a lad should become a lass
I do not see the connection between
Women's workplace regimentation
And working women's liberation
I do not see the connection between
The unions and societies of the poor
And bureaucracy that wants ever more
I fail to see the connection between
I.D., teachers, overseers, police patrol
And the poor and powerless with no control
But I see the connection between
The spreading cancerous state
The death of love, the rise of hate
Conflict. confusion, divide and rule
P.C. fanatics who think me a fool
I see the connection between
Their profit and my loss
Their morality and my cost
Their hypocrisy
And my dependency
And I see the connection between
Love and unity
Peace and prosperity
Fraternity and solidarity
I see the connection between
Hope that once was
And truth that's been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment