Sunday 12 June 2016

A Dissenter Writes

Coming together for Sunday worship
Voices are raised to praise the Lord
The preacher stands by the lectern
Ready to preach God's word

But many sermons talk about me
Like some sad psychology
About what God has done for me
How the Lord set me free

Yes, I'm listening to the preacher
But I'm thinking all about me
I am saved though I can but wonder
What of God? What of He?

Who is the Lord? Why does Jesus save?
I want to know all of his ways
For he is first, I am second
Serving him all my days

These days sing of 'I' and 'We'
Our feelings are all the fashion
Old hymns sing of God Almighty
Holy Love's Eternal Passion

It's not all about people. you and I
Setting our eyes always on 'We'
We must worship the Sovereign Lord
And set our eyes on He!

No comments:

Post a Comment